#+title: Guix Home Upstream Plan
* The Goal
To migrate Guix Home from rde repository to guix.
* The Workflow
- Most of the work is done against guix-home branch.
- Complex changes goes as a patch to firstname.lastname@example.org first and
after review they get applied to guix-home.
- Simple changes applied directly.
- From time to time guix-home will be rebased on master.
- Changes to upstream (gnu services) module for example are sent as a
patch against master, they do not go to guix-home to prevent future
merge conflicts on rebase.
* The Plan
- To merge all essential services first.
- To add cli https://git.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde/tree/master/item/guix/scripts/home.scm
- Add basic test suite.
- Add documentation (concept/about, configuration).
- Add home-service, add documentation for it, iterate.