#Soju Rice Wine
This recipe produces alcohol. Follow these instructions at your own risk.
#Ingredients & equipment
- 8 tbps nuruk enzyme
- 2 tbps yeast
- 2 cups rice
- 4 tbps sugar
- Large sealable container (for fermentation)
- Rice cooker
- Cheese cloth, colander
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water
- Hand wash all cooking utensils, bowls, containers, etc, with soap and hot
- Rinse out all cooking utensils, bowls, containers, etc, with boiling water
The first three steps sanitize everything so that you are only fermenting the
bacteria you want to be fermenting.
- Put rice in a colander and rinse with cool water until it runs clear.
- Put rice in the rice cooker, add appropriate amount of water, and let it
soak for an hour.
- Cook rice for an hour, and allow it to cool for five minutes.
- Add rice, 4 cups of cold water, the nuruk enzyme, and yeast to your sealed
container. Stir until everything dissolves and seal the container.
- Twice a day for the first week, vent the container and stir the mixture, then
re-seal the container.
- Let sit undisturbed for two more weeks.
- Put the colander over a second container (a pot or a large bowl), and place
cheesecloth over the colander. Use a generous amount of cheesecloth, at least
twice the diameter of the colander.
- Pour the mixture over the colander, straining it into the collection pot.
Wrap the cheesecloth over the solids and apply pressure to squeeze out
- Optionally strain once or twice more to remove most of the large solids. Add
sugar, stir until dissolved, and enjoy :)
Note: if you dillute this mixture, you will get Soju. This is a dangerous
process, and is illegal in many places. If you choose to dillute it, use the
proper equipment and do your research to avoid blowing yourself up or poisioning
yourself with methanol.